CHOTU USTAAD !!!!


It was my first day in Allahabad and I was here as I got admission in B.A. in Allahabad university.and when my sun arise up it was 11:30 am.I asked my room partner "where we will get tea??" he was still sleeping ,but he told me the way....and that was not not understandable...
but I put my shirt on my body and started following the way he told me..finally I got a small tea stall...I ordered for a cup of tea and a glucose biscuit packet and that man shouted "CHOTU ,SAAHAB KO EK CHAI AUR EK PARLE DE.....,JALDI.."(chotu,give a tea and parle biscuit to sir..)
after a minute or two a black small boy of about 5 years came with my order,,that boy was so cute,he had white watery eyes,and the best part of that boy was his energetic smile.....,I had seen many chotu's at the place but he was the youngest one and the cutest one I have ever seen...that tea stall has only two staff members...one was the owner and other was his worker CHOTU..
I was at that stall for 15 minutes and I was continuously watching at CHOTU,he was cleaning all the utensils,glasses,cups,etc...and he was enjoying it all..he was singing bhojpuri songs and I was listening his childish voice...and I was also enjoying,, I finished up my tea and went to my room.
at that day I finished up my shopping me and my room partner collected all the vessels for cooking,my partner was excellent cook,he use to cook for both of us....but in the diwali holidays my friend went to his hometown for 10 days,but I didn't as I had some work in the city..
next morning I again went to same tea stall... I enjoyed that place as I did first time..I was highly impressed by that chotu's style,his songs and his cute smile which he use to pass after every song completion...for those 10 days I regularly took my tea there....
next day my friend came and he prepared tea for us,I was talking him and sipping the tea but I was missing chotu's song,,so I finished up my tea and went to that tea stall and sipped one more tea..and after that day I have never sipped tea at my room...!!my room partner use to criticise me for that thing..he used to say ,what do u like in that tea??"
and I used to say "come with me just once u will get to know "
as the time passed chotu started recognizing me and he use to bring stool and newspaper for me whenever i reach their,,I use to request him for specific songs..and he always enjoyed singing songs for me...!!!
one day I asked him about his family ,he said I have no family when i was four, I came here to wash utensils and now m doing all the work here..I have learnt how to make tea,,some day I will make special tea for you ,when owner will not be here"
I smiled and said OK !!! done
I said you sing so well ,your name should be "chotu ustaad" !!
and he was very happy to hear it...he said can you write this name on
my hand,,,,i wrote chotu ustaad on his arms..!!and he was showing it to all customer there..
and from that day he always use to retrace it on his hand after the bath,
and whenever anyone call him chotu ustaad he use to work faster for that person....he was really crazy for that name..

now it was December,and Allahabad's winter should be world famous now,,it was really very cold..and my exams were also going to start next week,in exam days I shifted to one of my friends house near to my examination centre.....for those fifteen days I missed my morning tea...and I didn't liked any other tea,probably I liked that tea from my within or my soul...

so I never sipped any other tea...and it was my exam time,so I didn't cared all these much...tea and all...

after my exam,Iwent to my room and got dreamless sleep,,in the morning

it was 11 o clock and I went to same tea stall again to have my special tea...

but I didn't find chotu there,,,I asked the owner where is chotu???any music director have signed him????

the owner changed his face expression and said ,,sir !! he was sleeping in this tea stall on last Sunday,and when I came in the morning I found him dead...perhaps he died due to winter....its really cold these days.....

I was shocked....I had tears in my eyes.. I shouted very much on the owner but my voice became wet and I was weeping...all other customers were surprised to see me ,that why this person is crying

but I couldn't control myself.....and i returned back to home

and from that day I never sipped tea in my life........it was my tribute to
chotu ustaad...




3 टिप्‍पणियां:

  1. touching story made me to cry...you can post like these blogs through our site which is related to mothers and babies including parenting,pregnancy,beauty,health,education...We would like to contact you but we cant get your mail id.I would like to promote my blog through your blog please contact me through my mail id ,for further details check www.chennaimomsinfo@gmail.com

    जवाब देंहटाएं

अच्छा लगा तो बताओ , नहीं जमा तो भी बता दो यार !